Monday, February 2, 2015


It was one of those weekends where I look back and I'm all, wow, we fit all those things in there? We cleaned the house, I got some work done, Ken had friends over for weightlifting garage games (we made a video of some of the footage here), went to church this morning, got our grocery shopping done, went to a 2 year old's birthday party, caught some of the super bowl, and did some cooking for the week. It was a hard wake and roll out of bed and house this morning but I did it (!) and feeling refreshed to take on the weekday's task. 

We are now in February and I am so relieved to have another month of winter behind me. There are lots to look forward to this month, it's a short month, and once we are out of February, I'll be running towards that light at the end of the tunnel. 

To say goodbye to January, I'm going to gather up the photos I took of various things over this past week, which was a strange week, for many reasons. 

First, the week started with a beautiful Sunday. 50 degrees, sunshine and a brunch at a friend's house in the outskirts of the city. They recently moved to this beauitful property and we had ourselves a great time eating and then taking a walk outdoors.

Sloane was a big fan of the small pool they had because it meant she could feed the fish. After the other kids ran off, I noticed she was still sitting there, concentrating hard on something so I walked over and asked what she was doing. She was picking up the tiny fish pellets that had dropped, one by one, and trying to hold them all in her tiny fists.  Our friends have a small dog and when my friend had said that the dog can't eat the fish pellets, Sloane said she wanted to make sure there was none on the ground so that the dog wouldn't eat it and get sick.  

Then on Monday, it got cold again and on Tueaday..we woke up to snow. It was a light dusting, but there it was. And it happened to be the perfect kind of snow for snow ball making. We only stayed outside for a few minutes but we made a good amount of snowballs and practiced throwing them against the trees and the house.

This was her exact face after I told her we had to go inside.

And then Sloane had a freak fever. I say freak fever because I have no idea what caused it, but it remained for two days and I was worried but Sloane had no other symptoms and also happened to be in a great mood the entire time.  Due to said fever, she had to stay home from daycare and since Ken also happened to get terribly sick at the same time, it meant I stayed home with Sloane , but also had to work remotely because I couldn't take time off. It was an interesting three days. If you have had the experience of working a 8 hour day at home, answering tons of emails and getting projects done while trying to entertain, feed and manage a toddler, you know what I mean.

Lots of coloring and book reading was always a part of each day. As was dancing.

On one of the days, she wanted to wear her owl mask and wings, her reindeer skirt with her bunny shirt and her kitty cat shoes with her pink kitty socks. She loved this outfit and kept that mask on the whole day.

Her fever finally broke and on Friday we were back to the norm, with a hurried breakfast and rushing out the door. This was her stance that morning.

I've had a hankering for pie that won't quit. This was day two of a visit to Proper Pie. Chcocolate raspberry pie with whipped cream and cherry and almond tart, pictured here.

How lucky am I that I get to cuddle with this hilarious and smart bundle of joy all winter? February, bring it on!


  1. gorgeous photos of you and her, and that one of her eating breakfast should be a hallmark card

  2. What a week! I amglad Slone got back to normal and healthy. I love the last photo!