This is one of the ways I've been greeting fall. Hellooooo butternut squash! Helllooo carbs to fatten, I mean warm, me up! Helllloo easy meal!
This is what I do:
1) cut up butternut squash into small pieces (or get the pre-cut kind) and roast in oven with a little salt and pepper for 20 min in 400 degree oven
2) sauté sausage or bacon (cut-up)
3) sauté kale or arugula in the leftover grease from sausage or bacon 3)
4) cook the orchiette (we love this pasta because its shape allows it to cup flavor and little bacon pieces, and the small size allows for manageable bites)
5) combine all together and add grated Parmesan if you'd like
It's hearty, simple, and seasonal. I've been making different variations of this with great success, my next attempt is going to be a vegetarian (and more budget friendly) variation with cannellini beans and a hefty amount of garlic.